Weekly Updates & Teasers
In an effort to keep my readers up-to-date and curious about what I'm working on now, here's my first ever weekly update for the first week of September 2021. And while I hope to do these weekly, there will be some lapses, such as when I go on vacation. Even authors need some time off now and again. 😉 Here we go:
1) Little did I know when I first wrote Finn and Arabella's story all those years ago (Healed by the Dragon) that I'd be writing a little more about their relationship two years after their triplets were born! But it's true–Finn and Ara have a rather big surprise coming in Summer at Lochguard (Dragon Clan Gathering #1), out in November.
2) Which brings us to the next item–Summer at Lochguard is a follow-up unlike anything I've done before because it includes so many points of view, giving little updates on your favorite characters. I hope readers love it so I can write a few more. 🙂 While this time it focused on clan leaders, in the future it could totally be other former couples that get their updates. I guess we'll all see how it goes in November!
3) I'm close to starting Trusting the Dragon (Stonefire #14), about Hudson Wells and Sarah MacKintosh Carter. Both have their own sorts of grief and heartache to deal with, and yet they fit perfectly together. And yes, I can say that, even without having written it yet! Both Hudson and Sarah are quiet insistent on this point. 😉
4) As the weather cools down and the day shorten, I get the itch to write more than during the summer. And so I'm thinking about whether to finally tackle my Asylums for Magical Threats rewrite OR to work on my paranormal time-travel romance. It's hard because the time travel is a super cool idea involving vampires, werewolves, and fae witches, set in Victorian London (UK). But I also know people want the end of my AMT series. Choices, choices…we'll see what happens.
5) And finally for this week, I'm getting everything formatted for The Dragon's Chance release on September 16th. Sylvia and Jake's story sets up a few others and I can't want to talk a bit more about the future couples! But early readers seem to like The Dragon's Chance, so I can't wait for everyone else to read it too.
That's it for this week! If you have questions, feel free to post them. While not guaranteed, I may just answer some in future weeks. 🙂