Weekly Update 12/3/21
Sorry for the month of silence. Between a technical problem behind the scenes and a massive amount of writing, I've been busy! But I'm back, and here we go:
- Trusting the Dragon is in the hands of my editor now, and it came in at just under 75,000 words. This is the longest book I've written in a really long time. I know readers love longer books, but it brings me to another point…
- Costs to produce a book (editing, covers, images, etc) have gone up quite a bit since I started in 2013. For now, my books are still $4.99 (USD, or local currency equivalent). However, I may need to think on this as editing costs are rising again next year. To help me keep prices as they are, then please preorder my books. Those early numbers let me know if I can earn a living with the prices I currently have or not. Curious which ones you can preorder?
- Trusting the Dragon releases January 20, 2022. Click here for all the links to preorder the ebook, except for Google Play (which is on release day).
- The Dragon's Memory, the next Lochguard book about Emma MacAllister and Logan Lamont, releases May 5, 2022. Click here for all the links to preorder the ebook, except for Google Play (which is on release day).
- Other preorders will be coming soon. Stonefire #15, Taught by the Dragon, will release in January 2023. In 2022 I should also have at least one Tahoe Dragon Mates book, and possibly two in my new Dark Lords of London series.
- RE: Dark Lords of London, my new time travel paranormal romance series–I wrote 16k in a week on the first one. Now that Trusting is done, I'll be spending December on Vampire's Modern Bride before switching gears back to Lochguard in January. I'm really excited about this series, all. The first book should release in mid-2022, and the second book not long after.
- As long as there are no surprises, I should also release the first two Stonefire books in German in 2022 as well. 🙂
- The Dragon's Chance audiobook is currently in production and Summer at Lochguard will get started right after. I'm not sure if I'll need a few months break before producing Trusting the Dragon or not, but it will happen in 2022.
- And lastly, I'm holding a signed book contest. You can enter through December 8, 2021 at 8am PST.Click here to fill out the simple form to enter. It's a massive contest, with thirty winners! (The form will stop working after that.)
That's it for this update! If you have questions, feel free to post them. While not guaranteed, I may just answer some in future weeks. 🙂