After taking time to think about next year and listening to what my readers want, I'm happy to announce that in 2016, the stories of my Stonefire Dragons' series will be released all at once. Nikki's story will the first one to be released this way, early next year. Reawakening the Dragon (Kai and Jane's story) will still be released as installments.
The longer answer of why and what will happen:
1) I love writing serials and creating awesome cliffhangers. The cliffhangers will still be within the stories, but putting together and promoting one release is much easier than doing five (four installments plus the set) for each story arc. I will probably save almost two weeks' worth of time for each story arc by consolidating it. That's two weeks I can use to write new stories. 🙂
2) It's easier to write the story at once. When I write in installments, I have to perfect each one as I go and can't go back and change things. That was a nice challenge for myself, and I could still do it, but since I write without an outline, it's nice to have the ability to tweak a detail from the first couple chapters if something suddenly comes to me while writing the end.
3) Looking at what I can do without stretching myself too thin, I should have a new release every other month in 2016, except for a few months at the end of the year. (I don't release in December any more.)
4) Since all of my dragon stories are long (except for Sacrificed, they're 75k+), the books will be $4.99. Some may say this is expensive, but writing longer stories takes more time. I hope you will understand. 🙂
5) There will still be some novellas in the Stonefire/Lochguard series. The one about Evie's baby will be out in November. The one about Arabella's baby out late next year. These will be shorter, like Revealing.
Okay, that's it! If you have questions, feel free to ask. 🙂
16 thoughts on “The Future of the Dragon Series”
Very exciting news. Im looking forward to your future releases.
I was wondering if you plan on releasing your stories on audio? Please consider, audio books are easier for some people! Thank you. Love your stories!
My dragon books are in production right now. 🙂 Sacrificed to the Dragon will release in audio in November this year!
Loved part 1 but gutted I have to wait for part 2!
The was the cry out of no you can’t do this at the end of 1, Soooooooo unfair
It’s coming soon! 😀
So glad to hear it. I simply love your series. Please keep them coming. Thank you for also producing the books on audio.
Thanks so much! 🙂 I’m also excited about the audiobooks. They go into production late next month and I can’t wait!
I absolutely love all of your books!! Thank you for continuing the series. I have become such a addict lol. Not alot of Authors continue the series thru the pregnancy and especially after the babies are born. Thank you for sharing your amazing stories. Out of the hundreds of authors I have read you are in my top 2.
Thanks so much! <3 I love reading bits of former couples and their babies, so I write it. After all, they're like family. 🙂
Hi. I just clicked on a link to your website from my facebook feed and am interested in reading some of your stories. Are they available in paperback?
Yes they are! You can find the print links for the first story here:
I am so addicted to your Dragon series…all of them.I really do like that you carry on to have the ladies give birth.I have a hard time waiting till the next book comes out.I am glad to hear you are writing about Arrabella and her babies.I wonder if you are going to elaborate on what wasn’t said when Ross and Lorna went to Skye.Like did they tour around the Island of Skye and what is Iris going to do with that human she picked up. And then there is Kaylee…
ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR DRAGON SERIES! WILL WE BE GETTING MORE ON THE SCOTLAND WEYR AND THE AMERICAN DRAGTONS?
LOVE ALL YOUR DRAGONS! “AND” THANK YOU FOR NAMING A CHARACTER AFTER ME!!!
Very upset over the mix-up in Stonefire 12 and 13! How can you have Dawn and Blake meet and marry in book 13 when they are already married in book 12???
It wasn’t a mix up. 🙂 Stonefire #12 takes place over a long period of time. Blake and Dawn’s story is during the story of #12. I don’t often write simultaneous stories, but it happened in this case.