The Future of the Dragon Series
Posted Jul 5 2015, 11:37 am
After taking time to think about next year and listening to what my readers want, I’m happy to announce that in 2016, the stories of my Stonefire Dragons’ series will be released all at once. Nikki’s story will the first one to be released this way, early next year. Reawakening the Dragon (Kai and Jane’s story) will still be released as installments.
The longer answer of why and what will happen:
1) I love writing serials and creating awesome cliffhangers. The cliffhangers will still be within the stories, but putting together and promoting one release is much easier than doing five (four installments plus the set) for each story arc. I will probably save almost two weeks’ worth of time for each story arc by consolidating it. That’s two weeks I can use to write new stories. 🙂
2) It’s easier to write the story at once. When I write in installments, I have to perfect each one as I go and can’t go back and change things. That was a nice challenge for myself, and I could still do it, but since I write without an outline, it’s nice to have the ability to tweak a detail from the first couple chapters if something suddenly comes to me while writing the end.
3) Looking at what I can do without stretching myself too thin, I should have a new release every other month in 2016, except for a few months at the end of the year. (I don’t release in December any more.)
4) Since all of my dragon stories are long (except for Sacrificed, they’re 75k+), the books will be $4.99. Some may say this is expensive, but writing longer stories takes more time. I hope you will understand. 🙂
5) There will still be some novellas in the Stonefire/Lochguard series. The one about Evie’s baby will be out in November. The one about Arabella’s baby out late next year. These will be shorter, like Revealing.
Okay, that’s it! If you have questions, feel free to ask. 🙂